In case of accommodation along with the emotional support animal the rules are the same as specified. As per the act of FHAA the house owners should allow the person to stay along with this animal. They do not have any right to reject the same if the person is carrying the emotional support animal certification along with him. If the residence or the house does not have proper facilities to accommodate the animal the landlord should make the necessary facilities to make this possible. The tenant do not have any right to ask for the emotional support animal to undergo any kind of behavioural training or even they cannot deny them for not having an insurance along with them. Also they cannot make any agreement in bearing the loss they have incurred by the animal. Along with all these they are not supposed to ask the person more about the details regarding his disability. They cannot demand that the documentation should specify the details regarding the disability .Only that the medical practitioner only gives general details regarding the disability that the person avails the psychiatric or an emotional problem and also mention that the presence of the animal can help to reduce a lot. The only documentation that the person can provide is the letter to certify dog as emotional support animal.
We can also find options to fly with an emotional support animal as per the Air Carrier Act. Only thing that we need is the required documentation. There are some requirements like
- A letter which verifies that the person is carrying a prescription that is certified by the health practitioner for the requirement of the emotional support animal.
- An ID card is required along with the photo which needs to specify that the animal that the person is carrying along with him is an emotional support animal
- There are some of the airlines companies who verify with the medical practitioner and also demand for the latest certification or the letter. This is done as the validity period for each certification is only for one year. They also verify whether the animal has taken the required vaccinations as the rules of some countries specifies the same and proper records of the medical details are taken along with them so as to avoid further issues regarding the same.
Conditions Required for the Certification
There are some conditions that should be met for the certification of an emotional support animal
- The individual who needs the certification should be in such a condition that the emotional support animal is a mandatory requirement for him and this can contribute a lot in reducing the symptoms of the disability.
- An Emotional Support Animal need to be referred by the medical professional and should also specify that it is an essential factor for the treatment of the individual.
- The disabilities that the person suffers should come under the DMV-IV. The main problems that come under the DMV-IV are
Issues that are related to the communication
Learning and cognitive disorders
Disorders related to alcohols and also include various mental disabilities.